Helping to visualize our solutions
Computer-aided design (CAD) is used for creating, modifying, and analyzing designs for optimization. Our CAD technicians use the latest CAD and 3D modelling software to construct solids, surfaces, and subsurface models that help engineers visualize and build designs in the field and see projects from start to finish.
- Construction drawing sets, 3D designs,, and 3D modelling such as tailings dams, spillways, excavations, roads, cut-off walls, berms and channel designs
- Earthworks design and volumes
- Geologic stick log cross-sections with boreholes and surface interpretations
- Hydrotechnical investigations
- Pipeline crossing plans, cross-sections, and details
- Foundation and pilings design drawings
- Complex mining structures 3D design and interaction
- Parametric modelling
- In-house suite of design tools captured in 3D designs.
- Complex tailings dam internal materials designed in a CAD solids environment including slope and width transitioning of dam materials
- Modelling interaction of mining structures such as a centreline constructed tailings dam intersecting a downstream constructed tailings dam
- The use of Geovia Surpac for 3D geological modelling and handling client datasets from Vulcan, MineSight, and other 3D Mine Modelling applications.
To enable faster, more efficient CAD design work, to solve specialized problems and to automate repetitive work while avoiding manual data entry, we create custom scripts using AutoDesk Dynamo for Civil3D and AutoDesk Subassembly Composer.
- Dynamo Foundation Approval automation
- Generic dam material tools for modelling dam internals
- Field to Finish survey database to as-built workflow