Software QA Specialist / Tester
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. We are the recipient of the 2019 UBC Science Co-op Employer Recognition Award and a finalist for the 2020 BC Technology Impact Award for Excellence in Technology Adoption. Currently there are over 450 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunch time yoga, companywide clubs and mentoring opportunities.
The successful applicant will be a part of BGC's software development team working alongside world class engineers and geoscientists to develop safety critical software applications. Apply your software development knowledge to test applications that monitor potential geological hazards and risks in real-time. The candidate will have the opportunity to conquer unique challenges testing web applications that use state of the art geographical information system with cloud infrastructures.
To learn more about the software development team at BGC, click here: http://www.bgcengineering.ca/software.
- Work with world class engineers to test safety critical web applications. Apply your software development knowledge to help BGC test applications that warn BGC's clients about potential geological hazards and risks.
- Conquer the unique challenges of testing mobile applications. Our mobile applications are scaled down versions of our web app that will be used offline on a mobile device.
- Work on enterprise class web mapping applications.
- Work on features from beginning to end. Help refine User Stories by gathering requirements from stakeholders, ensuring features are implemented in accordance to the acceptance criteria defined in the user stories by performing functional, regression and integration tests manually, and take part in releasing the software into production.
- Work closely with other members of the development team to analyze and reproduce issues while adhering to software quality best practices.
- Be an integral part of the software team. Work alongside our more seasoned team members in a collaborative Scrum/Agile environment.
- Stay curious. Work towards improving BGC's body of knowledge by researching and applying new technologies to BGC's applications.
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience
- You have direct experience in the designing, implementing, and running tests and tracking/reporting results
- Your experience in automation testing is an asset
- You love to be challenged and have the willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology.
- You are detail oriented and can work independently under low supervision.
- You have a passion for quality
- You have a good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- You have the ability and the desire to learn QA tools and the QA functions
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You love to be challenged and have the willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Parental leave top-ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.