GROUNDWATER RESOURCE EXPLORATION, DEVELOPMENT, PROTECTION, MONITORING, ASSESSMENT & MAINTENANCE
Groundwater is a critical component of water supply throughout the world. When professionally managed, groundwater can provide a reliable and sustainable source of water to communities, large and small. Groundwater supply studies generally involve the assembly and examination of available information, followed by site reconnaissance, and then exploration. If conditions are favorable, production wells or wellfields can be developed.
BGC works with our clients to sustainably develop and manage their groundwater resources. BGC’s extensive modelling capabilities and advanced data analysis and interpretation skills provide our clients with a powerful set of tools to manage their groundwater supplies. Team members have expertise in surficial and bedrock geological mapping. We have experience with air-photo interpretation; drilling, hydraulic testing, analysis and rehabilitation of wells; groundwater modelling; and geochemical analysis, remediation and dating of groundwater.
Our advanced water management services include:
- Groundwater supply exploration, development, monitoring and protection
- Water quality assessment, including geochemical analysis, dating of groundwater, plume delineation, risk assessment and remediation
- Hydrogeological investigation and in-situ testing
- Pumping well performance assessment and rehabilitation
- Installation and maintenance of remotely monitored instrumentation
- Operational guidance for sustainable groundwater extraction