Health and Safety Program Developer
BGC is seeking an office-based Health and Safety (H&S) Program Developer to work in our Vancouver location however, Kamloops, Edmonton or Calgary would also be considered. The ideal candidate will provide safety expertise to assist BGC’s goal to be the world leader in applied earth sciences practice by 2025. Reporting to the H&S Manager, the successful candidate will help achieve the H&S objectives of BGC’s goal while living our values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense, and Clarity.
Well-developed skills in organizing, planning, relationship building, and communication is essential. Experience in the engineering consulting industry would be an asset.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic team consisting of H&S professionals and earth science engineers that are dedicated to providing a safe workplace for all employees, and to maintaining regulatory and client compliance. The candidate will be responsible for providing support and guidance in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of BGC’s H&S management system. This position will include the review and update of current H&S documentation, as well as the development and implementation of new programs and procedures to align with regulatory and client requirements.
- Competent in Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), Skype for Business, Adobe Acrobat, Windows Explorer and statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of related and progressive experience in a dedicated health and safety program development role.
- A degree, diploma or certificate in business or occupational health and safety from a post-secondary institute would be considered an asset.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or other certification would be considered an asset.
- Update existing and develop new policies and procedures for Health and Safety program components including safe work guidelines, in accordance with legislation and industry best practice.
- Maintain client compliance sites such as ISNetworld, Comply Works, Cognibox, Browz and Avetta.
- Maintain safety statistics and generate reports and presentations.
- Maintain WCB/WSIB claims and clearance letters.
- Administer BGC’s Contractor Management Program.
- A limited amount of short term travel to other BGC offices, to become acquainted with our unique culture, may be possible.
- Additional duties as required.
Desired Attributes and Knowledge
- A personal belief and commitment to worker health and safety.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable British Columbia, Alberta and other jurisdictions. Occupational Health and Safety, Worker Compensation Act, Safety Regulations and codes.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify deficiencies and offer creative solutions.
- Fluency in English is required, and additional language skills in Spanish would be an asset.
- An ability to establish strong collaborative working relationships within diverse teams companywide, utilizing technology, is essential.
- Experience in the earth sciences industry (geology, geotechnical/geological engineering) is preferred but not essential.
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefit package, and maintains a casual, yet professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter, in confidence to:email@example.com