Health & Safety Administrator (Canada)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 500 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, receive mentorship opportunities, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunchtime yoga and companywide clubs.
BGC is looking for a Health & Safety Administrator to support the H&S Team and a dynamic group of applied earth science professionals to create a safe work environment for all employees and contractors. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape BGC’s Health & Safety (H&S) Management System by assisting with the development and maintenance of new programs and procedures to align with regulatory and client requirements.
Reporting to the H&S Manager, the successful candidate will provide their safety expertise and guidance while practicing our values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense, and Clarity.
- Maintain safety compliance with third party compliance sites
- Manage employee training certificates and records
- Assist with vetting and organizing safety training for employees
- Track progress of new employee safety orientations, and assist with orientations when required
- Edit and publish Safety Bulletins and other H&S communications
- Maintain H&S intranet sites using SharePoint
- Support reviews of Contractor’s safety programs
- Keep meeting minutes as a key member of the company-wide H&S committee
- Develop strong relationships with employees to help support the health and safety of our Team
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate H&S related activities such as training, audits, and meetings
- Support the on-going development and continuous improvement the Health & Safety Management System (HSMS)
- HSMS file maintenance and tracking
- Additional duties as required
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- 2+ years of experience in a H&S administrative capacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Exceptional proofreading and document formatting skills
- Experience with third-party compliance sites (ISNetworld, Avetta, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, with the ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and function effectively
- Certificate in a Health & Safety program (HAS, NHSA, or equivalent) is an asset
- Working knowledge of Canadian OH&S legislation is an asset
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Maternity/Paternity leave top ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.