Facilities and Equipment Assistant (Vancouver, BC)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 550 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, receive mentorship opportunities, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunchtime yoga and companywide clubs.
BGC is looking for a Facilities & Equipment Assistant to join our team. You will support the Facility & Equipment team on facility and equipment coordination and general admin support when needed. You will work alongside BGC team members and collaborate with your fellow Admin team members. You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment alongside our Admin Team, Engineers, Geoscientists, and other teams within BGC and will report to BGC’s Senior Office Administrator.
You will gain valuable industry experience working at a multinational Applied Earth Sciences engineering firm while practicing our core values of One Team, Excellence, Curiosity, Common Sense, and Clarity.
- Report to the Facilities Manager on all matters related to the office environment
- Assist with office renovations and employee moves
- Clean-up and set-up workstations and offices, and coordinate with IT for all IT related matters
- Conduct routine cleaning inspections with cleaners and Facilities Manager
- Set-up furniture for employees, meetings, conferences, town halls, and other functions
- Ensure the alarm system is fully functional and respond to alarms whenever necessary
- Assist with fire and earthquake drills
- Prepare, issue, and collect field equipment and supplies
- Utilize BGC’s asset tracking system and database management (including data entry)
- Track and report to the Facilities Manager any equipment that is due for calibration or with an expiring warranty
- Inspect and clean-up field equipment, and report/coordinate issues with the Facilities Manager
- Ensure equipment room is tidy and organized at all times
- Coordinate with the front desk when shipping field equipment and supplies to meet deadlines
- Pick-up and deliver field equipment and supplies to other locations to include but not limited to the airport, FedEx Station, HomeDepot, Canadian Tire, MEC, other suppliers, etc.
- Order supplies, coordinate with various suppliers/contractors on items related to facilities and equipment
- Work with management to come up with budgets and or pricing options (quotes) as necessary
- Assist other BGC offices on matters related to facilities and equipment
- Review invoices received from suppliers/contractors comparing with work orders and send to accounting for payment
- Source products and develop a new supply chain as required by the Facilities Manager
- Proactively suggest initiatives to improve operating practices
- Perform other tasks as required by the Admin Team
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- 2+ years of experience working in facilities and equipment in Engineering or related industry
- Diploma in Facilities Management or Business Administration is an asset
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
- Proficient user of MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel and comfortable learning new technology and software
- Familiar with the use of various hand tools and perform simple repairs around the office
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs loads regularly
- Seek win-win solutions when problem solving
- Have a positive attitude and value teamwork
- Have a common-sense approach and sound critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, with strong time management and task prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Being flexible with work hours during BGC’s busy field season to accommodate project location time zones
- Willingness to take on various tasks as requested
- Ability to undertake occasional overnight travel to other BGC offices or work sites
- Good understanding of budget tracking and purchasing is an asset
- First Aid certification is an asset
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours
- Parental leave top-ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.