BI Developer (Vancouver, BC)
BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 500 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, receive mentorship opportunities, work with fantastic teams and enjoy perks such as lunchtime yoga and companywide clubs.
BGC is looking for an experienced BI Developer to work in our Vancouver, BC office. In this role you will be working with the Business Operations team to provide dynamic data analysis and reporting solutions. The successful candidate will help enable BGC to adapt to rapid changes to support and use future technology.
- Maintain, support, distribute, and improve existing reporting/analytics solutions
- Design and implement models and data extractions to support custom reporting of accounting, project management, operations, and human resources data
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine best approaches to improve the overall operational performance
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP), and extract, transform, load (ETL) framework
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, SSAS Tabular Models)
- Advanced experience working in Excel with data tables, functions, macros, etc.
- Exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot, resolve complex issues, and recommend innovative solutions
- Able to work independently and as part of a small dynamic team
- Experience with scripting languages (VBA, C#, Python) is an asset
- Tabular model development experience (SSDT, Power BI)
- Experience working with accounting and financial data is an asset
BGC offers a wide range of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible hours and work from home policies
- Parental leave top ups
- Social activities
- Professional development opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Flat management structure
- Ability to work with fantastic teams and industry leaders
- Casual and professional work environment
BGC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team at 604-684-5900.