BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 26 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complimented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC is a growing team of over 300 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Design, define, document and communicate the system architecture for new and existing applications.
- Conduct reviews to ensure the software developers and testers are using the defined software architecture.
- Give expert input and recommendations on the tools and environments required to most efficiently implement our systems.
- Ensure architectures are designed with development, deployment, scalability, and maintainability in mind.
- Continuously resolve challenging technical problems independently or collaboratively.
- Understand and plan for future enhancements to BGC’s applications.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of BGC’s software development processes.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior and intermediate team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience.
- 15+ years of experience
- Expert knowledge in defining complex systems architecture.
- Expert knowledge in large enterprise databases using MS SQL, Oracle, or DB2
- Experience building web applications using .NET technologies
- Experience building native iOS and Android mobile applications using Objective-C, Swift, Java, or C# and Xamarin
- Experience building enterprise-level spatial applications using ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, or equivalent is an asset.
- Knowledge in Big Data and Data Analytics, NoSQL, building applications using microservices and containers.
- Experience developing applications to take advantage of PaaS on Azure or AWS.
- Exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
About BGC’s Environment
BGC values unique contributions and rewards high performance with competitive compensation complimented by trend setting benefits in a convenient downtown location. We offer participation in many of our in house recreational activities, multiple learning opportunities, a work life integration culture with an on-site gym, and free yoga classes. If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where leadership exists at every level and you thrive on rolling up your sleeves because the satisfaction of getting it done well hits your sweet spot then go ahead and take the chance of convincing us why you are the rock star we have been searching for: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Luck with your job search!