Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer (Vancouver)
BGC Engineering Inc. is an international consulting firm providing engineering and geoscience services to the mining, energy, and transportation industries over the last 26 years. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complimented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC is a growing team of over 300 people working in a unique employee-owned company with a flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels. Our core values of One Team, Excellence, Common Sense, Curiosity and Clarity reflect our culture that is flexible in structure, allowing room for innovation while providing high quality work and common sense solutions.
About the Role
- Develop web applications with robust front and back-ends that work together to track geohazards and warn BGC's clients about potential risks
- Develop databases that store large amounts of data in such a way that the data can be used quickly for complex engineering calculations
- Develop web maps that provide geospatial information to BGC users utilizing the latest tools available such as Esri ArcGIS
- Work in a Scrum/Agile environment to plan and estimate work at different levels (story, sprint, release)
- Stay curious. Work towards improving BGC's body of knowledge by researching and applying new technologies to BGC's applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and working experience
- Experience with designing database schema, writing stored procedures (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with developing REST API's
- Experience working in a Windows environment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Certification such as CSM is an asset
- Experience with source control using TFS, Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience with task management and planning software such as JIRA
- Experience developing applications using Xamarin for iOS/Android is an asset
- Experience developing cloud-based software applications (Azure or AWS) is an asset
- Exceptional communications skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You love to be challenged and have the willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use future technology
About BGC’s Environment
BGC values unique contributions and rewards high performance with competitive compensation complimented by trend setting benefits in a convenient downtown location. We offer participation in many of our in house recreational activities, multiple learning opportunities, a work life integration culture with an on-site gym and free yoga classes. If you are seeking an entrepreneurial environment where leadership exists at every level and you thrive on rolling up your sleeves because the satisfaction of getting it done well hits your sweet spot, then go ahead and take the chance of convincing us why you are the rock star we have been searching for: firstname.lastname@example.org